DENTAL ASSISTANTS, could you see yourself living in the mountains?
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Full time, career position with growth potential.
- Competitive salary reflective of experience
- Wages starting at $25 an hour for Chair Side with experience / $27 an hour for CDA.
- $300 signing bonus after 3 months probation.
- Benefits include dental coverage.
- Very close-knit, supportive team environment.
- Fulfills a broad variety of clinical chair-side dental assisting duties.
- Establishing strong patient relationships while maintaining ethical professional behavior.
- Educates patients by giving oral hygiene, plaque control, postoperative instructions and treatment planning.
- Documents dental care services by charting in patient records.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Preparation of treatment room and patient for dental treatments.
- Selecting and mixing proper materials for dental application.
- Providing diagnostic information through radiography and impressions.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Operation, cleaning, sterilizing and maintenance of dental equipment.
- Conserves dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.
THE PERFECT CANDIDATE:
- An experienced, CDA with a current Dental Assisting License.
- Chair-side assistants also welcome to apply.
- Energetic, dedicated and reliable professional who works well in a team and as an individual.
- Patient focused, with a warm and friendly demeanor.
- Calm under pressure and cool in emergency situations.
- Strong knowledge and use of dental instruments and sterilization methods.
- Must be comfortable learning and using modern digital systems and equipment.
- Attentive to detail, highly organized and efficient.
- Detailed understanding and practice of BC health and safety requirements.
- An independent team member with excellent communication skills.
About the Practice
Our client, a full service dental clinic in the heart of beautiful Pemberton, BC is currently hiring for a full time Dental Assistant. Perfect for someone looking for a career in an innovative office with all of the latest technologies at their fingertips. Ideally suited for either a CDA or Chairside assistant with experience, and someone who is looking to embrace a small mountain town lifestyle!