CDA Position at small family practice
Supports dental care delivery by preparing treatment room, patient, instruments, and materials; passing instruments and materials; performing procedures in compliance with the dental practice act.
• Manage day-to-day operations of dental office
• Open and close dental office according to office protocol
• Review the office for a neat, professional appearance and make necessary changes
• Check the daily schedule for accuracy and post it in all treatment rooms
• Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
• Prepares patient for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting, seating, and draping patient.
• Provides information to patients and employees by answering questions and requests.
• Provides instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering instruments to treatment area; positioning instruments for dentist's access; suctioning; passing instruments.
• Provides materials by selecting, mixing, and placing materials on instruments and in the patient's mouth.
• Provides diagnostic information by exposing and developing radiographic studies; pouring, trimming, and polishing study casts.
• Maintains patient appearance and ability to masticate by fabricating temporary restorations; cleaning and polishing removable appliances.
• Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining cpr certification, emergency drug and oxygen supply, and emergency telephone directory.
• Educates patients by giving oral hygiene, plaque control, and postoperative instructions.
• Documents dental care services by charting in patient records.
• Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
• Ensures operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
• Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
• Conserves dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• See that records are stored securely and handled in compliance with HIPAA privacy and security regulations
• Accurately file patient information
• Monitor inventory and order dental supplies as needed
• Monitor and make sure all dental equipment is working properly
• Be an active participant in staff meetings
• Perform other tasks as assigned by Dr. Leana Lundt.
About the Practice
JVR Dental is a small (4 op) family office in Langley, BC. The office is 4 years old. We are a very busy office and is expanding. We are looking for a full-time candidate that will fit well in a fast pace office with a lot of opportunities for growth and development. We have new equipment and do a lot of procedures in-house.
All applications should be address to Mauritz Lundt (Office Manager).